We welcome and actively encourage members of the community helping us deliver our services in the best possible way. Can you become a ‘friend of sweda’?
As a friend of sweda you can make a real difference to individuals within your local community. We need people who can give time, share skills, act as mentors or through regular or one-off giving. We are not able to accept ‘Gift Aid’ contributions at the moment, but will be looking to qualify for this in the future.
There are a number of ways to get involved including:
- Share skills – either on one-to-one basis or a small group within a workshop
- Mentoring – if you want to help young or old, individuals looking for employment, those improving their skills or starting a business there are opportunities either directly at sweda or through our network of contacts
- Resource sharing or giving – if you are upgrading equipment / IT, what will you do with your old equipment? We may be able to find a second user market for the equipment
- Space – either office or workshop or shop front display – there may be an individual we are working with who could benefit or could build up to paying commercial rent, but needs some support in the early days
- Sponsorship – some projects / workshops / qualifications attract fees to attend or achieve. Can you sponsor an individual to help them develop / achieve an accredited qualification? Or would you like to sponsor a workshop or award?
- Work or volunteer placements / apprenticeships – one of the biggest barriers to returning to work is experience. Are you able to offer an opportunity to gain experience or a route to a job?
- Money – regular or one-off contributions
This list is not exhaustive. If you feel you have something to offer get in touch.
NB: For volunteering, delivery of workshops and mentoring as well as some other activity a Criminal Records Bureau check will be required.
If you want to get involved or want to know more or have an informal chat, phone 0121 525 2558 and ask to speak / have a meeting with Davinder, Jackie or Tony or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers have in the past have really valued their time here and have been able to include the experience gained wwithin their CV’s. Many of sweda’s volunteers have gone on to secure permanent work. You’ll be supporting sweda staff by helping on reception, helping in the ICT suite, or any other department as required.
As a volunteer:
- You’ll gain experience in a working environment
- You’ll get a reference on completion of volunteering
- We’ll help you update your CV